Preserving original tiles
This roof located in St Kilda is a perfect example of how long a tiled roof can last, after 100 years in the sun!
- St Kilda
- Service: Roof Restoration
This roof is a perfect example of how long a tiled roof can last, after 100 years in the sun! This tile was originally imported from India and was installed on this house in St Kilda.
The owner of this property wanted a quality result that looked updated yet was able to fit within their budget. This house needed someone who could manage project from start to finish to be able to preserve 100-year-old original tiles, which follows architectural heritage guidelines. By having a good understanding of old roof tiles, we were able to move tiles without breaking them.
We renewed all the timber battens, metal and install insulation before reinstalling the original tiles with precision. The tiles and ridge were installed with still care. All tiles were cut, wired, or clipped, ensuring this roof is there to stay!
Another roof saved!
What the client wanted to achieve
- Quality result that looked updated
- A solution that fit within their budget
- Someone who could manage project from start to finish
- Preserve 100-year-old original tiles to follow architectural heritage guidelines
- Renew all timbers and metal
- Reinstate tiles and ridges with still care
- A clear understanding of architectural heritage design and construction